Law Offices of Fred D. Crawford, IV
Representing Individuals and Businesses in California for the Past 30 Years
Arrange Your Free Initial Consultation Call Us Today To Get Started 310-421-4732

Understanding who can file a wrongful death lawsuit

Losing a loved one in a fatal car accident can be overwhelming. You might not know what to do next. This could very well be the first time you've ever lost someone in your life. Handling all the details following the fatal motor vehicle accident can be difficult to do. Add in the fact that you might want to file a wrongful death lawsuit. We will explain who can file such a lawsuit this post.

For starters, any person who is in the immediate family of the deceased is legally allowed to file a wrongful death lawsuit. This doesn't change based on how the death occurred. These people include the victim's parents, children, spouse, siblings, parents of unmarried children, adopted children, grandparents and sometimes cousins.

Others who are legally allowed to file a wrongful death lawsuit after a fatal motor vehicle accident include the life partner or domestic partner of the deceased. You should always check with your attorney about whether or not you can file such a lawsuit. Others who fall into the category for filing such a lawsuit are those who are the financial dependents of the deceased or anyone who is affected financially by the death of the person.

Dealing with the tragic death of a loved one is never easy. That's why you should always speak with an attorney after the incident. You want to make sure you understand your rights as a relative of the victim before making any legal decisions.

Are you ready to file a wrongful death lawsuit for the loss of a loved one in a fatal motor vehicle accident? Your case should be handled by an experienced Los Angeles attorney who has represented others in your same situation.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information


Law Offices of Fred D. Crawford, IV
404 Torrance Blvd.
Redondo Beach, CA 90277

Phone: 310-421-4732
Fax: 310-792-3739
Map & Directions