You Need An Experienced Lawyer For A Truck Accident Case
Some of the most devastating motor vehicle accidents involve commercial vehicles. The size and weight, and the freight that trucks carry, present a great hazard to the average passenger vehicle. Because of that danger, the trucking industry is subject to strict regulations designed to protect the public, but not all employers and truck drivers adhere to these regulations. When they ignore the rules or drive carelessly, serious injuries result.
Trucking firms and companies with commercial fleets have strong defense representation. You should have a skilled trial attorney on your side. At the Law Offices of Fred D. Crawford, IV, in Redondo Beach, we help injury victims recover compensation for injuries and losses from truck accidents throughout the South Bay and across California.
If you or a family member was injured in a collision with a truck or commercial vehicle, call us at 310-421-4732 for a free personal injury consultation.
Proving Negligence In A Commercial Vehicle Accident
One of the biggest barriers to recovery in trucking accident cases is gathering information that proves the truck driver or trucking company was negligent. We investigate promptly and put the trucking company on notice to preserve maintenance records, GPS and black-box data. Some of the contributing factors in trucking accidents include:
- Driver fatigue from excessive hours behind the wheel
- Trucks loaded beyond weight restrictions
- Improperly balanced or unsecured cargo
- Neglected maintenance (tires, brakes, running lights)
- Speeding and other traffic violations
- Distracted driving or truck driver impairment
In pursuing compensation for a truck accident, we work to prove all three prongs of liability:
- Negligence: Proof that the at-fault party was negligent by failing to take reasonable caution or adhere to mandatory safety precautions
- Causation: Evidence that the accident was directly connected to the at-fault party’s negligence
- Injury and damages: Medical records that demonstrate what physical impairments the victim has suffered, as well as evidence of the ongoing financial and medical hardships they face as a result of the accident.
We Are Ready To Advocate For You
Contact our office to learn more about your options and what factors will play a role in collecting fair compensation. You will deal directly with your lawyer, and we will walk you through the process, making sure your claim is as detailed as possible. Arrange a free consultation by contacting our office online or calling us directly at 310-421-4732.